*Fall Session: 9/20/21-12/18/21
*Winter Session: 1/04/22-3/18/22
*Click HERE for SCJH Printable calendars*
All LTS Skaters are required to pay full tuition (two classes a week and one practice). In a addition to the prices below skaters will need to pay $22.50 for their yearly LTS Membership (as apart of the Active registration process). Payment plans and Scholarships are available. If you feel like you have had a remarkable experience gratuities are greatly appreciated by our coaches, please allocate directly to your group coach or through their Venmo.
SCJH Adult Semester Tuition:
$450.00 for Full Tuition + $22.50 LTS Membership
(One semester two days a week class & one day a week of practice.)
Please note: SCJH is only charging you what it cost us in coaching and minimal ice cost to run your group classes, all the practice ice is a bonus.
Adult Group Class Days & Times:
*Class Time: 5:00-5:30pm
*Class Day: Tuesday & Thursdays
*Practice/Open Skate: Fridays at 5:00-5:30pm - Please check the calendar some exclusions apply.
Fall Adult Registration is CLOSED:
Check Back in December 2021
-ADULT CLASS FAQ-
*Helmets and Head Protection:
prepare yourself for the expected and unexpected. We recommend all skaters who are newer to skating to wear a CSA approved helmet, until a comfortable balance is established. Nothing is to be worn underneath the helmet for proper fitting. Elbow pads/knee pads are encourage until you get your sea legs as well!
*Bring lots of layers-
Comfort and moving freely about are essential for skaters. Choose sweatpants or warm-up pants (tighter fitting) instead of bulkier snow pants. Bring a jacket too, since indoor rinks do set thermostats at a brisk 50 degrees Fahrenheit. No heavy ski clothes as they prohibit movement and bending.
Thin over thick. Bulkier, thicker socks limit support and movement and create unwanted bumps inside the boots. Go with lightweight socks or thinner tights.
Gloves are preferable to mittens as they provide articulation. Either way, mittens or gloves are suitable.
Skates can be rented from the rink. Skate rental is not included in SCJH class registration. If you wish to buy check out our skate swap, or drop us a email and we will help guide you where to purchase!
*Need Help Choosing A Private Coach-
Here is a list of our coaching staff or, we are here to HELP! Please contact us at: SkatingClubOfJH@gmail.com
-Be Prepared / On Your First Day-
Be on time! We operate out of The Snow King Event & Sports Center
1. Please Review our COVID Policy & Guidelines HERE
2. Arrive a good 15 minutes before class kicks off to check in with Sandy Sandberg at the registration desk .
3. You will receive a name tag & Welcome packet (yes a name tag, It's easier while we are getting to know you). Please keep the packet and read up on everything.
4. Lace up skates. Skates can be rented from the rink but rentals are not included in the group lesson pricing. Remember to only walk on protective surfaces, NEVER WALK ON CONCRETE with skates (unless the blades have hard guards). Used Skates can be purchased from the Facebook group (skating club of Jackson hole exchange) or we are happy to guide you in the process of buying a new pair we can also help you get skates sharpened!
5. Adult skaters will meet off ice with their instructor - look for the matching color on the name tag to coaches binders. Coaches will go over class procedures, COVID Policies and new skater introductions. (This is also good time to meet and become acquainted with your new instructor and ask any questions you may have please remember to wear a mask).
The people you will meet: Sandy Sandberg our program coordinator. Lacey Merrell our Skating Director & your group skating Instructors.
-USEFUL Adult LTS LINKS-