(Please Note: Four Skaters are needed to run Adult Group)
*Registration IS NOW Closed!
*ADULT LTS Group Lesson Price: $275.00
*All ADULT LTS Skaters are Required To Pay $17.50 For Their Yearly LTS Membership (Step 1. in the registration process)
-Adult LTS Welcome Letter-
-ADULT CLASS FAQ-
*What's different/what has COVID changed in SCJH:
The big change (at least through December) is our LTS program has moved to Sundays Only. LTS use to fall on Tues & Thursdays at 4:15-5:10 (warm-up was 4:15-4:30, Group Class 4:30-5:00 with a ten minute practice to follow). Our price structure has changed for Adult Skaters you will be paying the same price as the youth (since you will be getting the same amount of ice and lessons). Pre-COVID we would take new skaters, and skaters ages 3 and up. Unfortunately we feel that we are unable hold skaters hands and hold skaters up while practicing social distancing. If social distancing eases and COVID cases fall the club will look at going back to our "normal" schedule in January. Please Review all the COVID Policies before arriving!
*Helmets and Head Protection:
prepare yourself for the expected and unexpected. We recommend all skaters who are newer to skating to wear a CSA approved helmet, until a comfortable balance is established. Nothing is to be worn underneath the helmet for proper fitting. Elbow pads/knee pads are encourage until you get your sea legs as well!
*Bring lots of layers-
Comfort and moving freely about are essential for skaters. Choose sweatpants or warm-up pants (tighter fitting) instead of bulkier snow pants. Bring a jacket too, since indoor rinks do set thermostats at a brisk 50 degrees Fahrenheit. No heavy ski clothes as they prohibit movement and bending.
Thin over thick. Bulkier, thicker socks limit support and movement and create unwanted bumps inside the boots. Go with lightweight socks or thinner tights.
Gloves are preferable to mittens as they provide articulation. Either way, mittens or gloves are suitable.
Skates can be rented from the rink. Skate rental is not included in SCJH class registration. If you wish to buy check out our skate swap, or drop us a email and we will help guide you where to purchase!
*Need Help Choosing A Private Coach-
Here is a list of our coaching staff or, we are here to HELP! Please contact us at: SkatingClubOfJH@gmail.com
-Be Prepared / On Your First Day-
Be on time! We operate out of The Snow King Event & Sports Center
1. Please Review our COVID Policy & Guidelines HERE
2. Arrive a good 15 minutes before class kicks off to check in with Sandy Sandberg at the registration desk .
3. You will receive a name tag & Welcome packet (yes a name tag, It's easier while we are getting to know you). Please keep the packet and read up on everything. The name tag will need to be brought out onto the ice for the first few lessons.
4. Lace up skates. Skates can be rented from the rink but rentals are not included in the group lesson pricing. Remember to only walk on protective surfaces, NEVER WALK ON CONCRETE with skates (unless the blades have hard guards). Used Skates can be purchased from the Facebook group (skating club of Jackson hole exchange) or we are happy to guide you in the process of buying a new pair we can also help you get skates sharpened!
5. Adult skaters will meet off ice with their instructor - look for the matching color on the name tag to coaches binders. Coaches will go over class procedures, COVID Policies and new skater introductions. (This is also good time to meet and become acquainted with your new instructor and ask any questions you may have please remember to wear a mask).
The people you will meet: Sandy Sandberg our program coordinator. Lacey Merrell our Skating Director & your group skating Instructors.
-USEFUL Adult LTS LINKS-
SKATING THROUGH COVID
SCJH is committed to giving our skaters a positive, safe experience while slowing the spread of COVID-19. To Learn more or report please visit our COVID dedicated page.