Q: I have a background check from another organization (i.e. area school, hockey, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts). Can I use it to comply with U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport requirements?
A: Yes, but only if the background check was completed by NCSI. This is because of the criteria set by the U.S. Olympic Committee (which now has a Center for SafeSport). If the background check wasn’t completed by NCSI, we can’t use it. We promise, We've have asked! If it was completed by NCSI, Please send your documentation to email@example.com.
Q: There is a $20 charge for the background check. Who pays for that?
A: The SCJH will reimburse members for this amount.
Q: When Do I need to Have my SafeSport & Background Check Done by.
A: In order to ensure our club compliance, we would appreciate if you would complete your background checks and SafeSport training by the end of October. If you have any questions, please contact the Club!
Q: Where Do I Find the links?
-Trouble Shooting SafeSport-
1. Ensure you are a Full Member of USFSA, you will need your USFSA number for the current season. (Contact Sandy if you need to pay for your membership)
2. Go to usfigureskating.org
3. At the top of the screen you will see a MEMBERS ONLY tab (click on this)
4. LOGIN with your USFS Number and password. If you forgot your password or have just received a new member number click on the REQUEST PASSWORD LINK below the login button this will send you a temp password to get you into the system. Check your email.
5. Once you receive the password, Login again at this same page.
6. Once inside the USFSA site go to the safe sport button.
7. You should see two action items you need to complete ( BACKGROUND CHECK) and (TRAINING)8. Follow the prompts to start your background check and training. Safe sport module will make you create a new Login and password to train on Safe sport. (not sure why but just write it down). The training takes a while and requires audio and high video bandwidth!